Friday, October 24, 2014

The Backlog Blues - Part 1 Sega Genesis





Well, still no new game news yet. I haven't had much chance to play, and there really isn't much for me to say. Okay, maybe there is, and I might get to say something. After all, basketball season starts soon, and I did just win a basketball game not that long ago. But I digress. I thought it was time for something new. I thought I'd give you all a look into just how serious a gamer I am with a look into my backlog.

This will be the first entry in a series that I will, hopefully, have completed before the end of the year. Don't hold me to it though. Let's face it, life has a way of throwing wrenches into the works like you wouldn't believe. But hopefully, I'll get it done.

For the time being, I don't plan on covering digital titles like on the PlayStation Store or the Virtual Console(s). While those are a part of my backlog, they tend to come and go. Once I beat a game, I'll usually delete it to save on memory. Now, I might cover those at a later date, but not now.

I'll also add titles that I've beaten as part of the contest, but they'll be marked to separate them from games I've yet to beat.

Now that we've gotten that settled, on to the collection.

The Sega Genesis wasn't actually my first game system. That honor belongs to the Atari. Alas, that system is no more. Not sure what happened to it or the games for it. I'd say they fell into the Bermuda Triangle, but I don't live anywhere near Bermuda. Then again, it seems like every house has its own place where things disappear never to be heard from again. Such was the case with our old Atari. But the Sega Genesis held some fond first memories of gaming too. I wanted to come up with a really original name for each part of my collection. A name that stands out; a name that snaps; a name that is a real original. And here it is. Ready for it?

SeriousGamer's Sega Genesis Collection

  1.  Animaniacs
  2.  The Aquatic Games
  3. Ballz
  4. Beauty & The Beast: Roar of the Beast
  5. Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble
  6. Caesar's Palace
  7. Castle of Illusion: Starring Mickey Mouse
  8. Championship Bowling
  9. Chester Cheetah: Wild Wild Quest
  10. Clue
  11. Cool Spot
  12. Desert Demolition
  13. Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf
  14. Disney's Aladdin
  15. Disney's Bonkers
  16. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
  17. Dynamite Headdy
  18. Earthworm Jim
  19. Ecco: The Tides of Time
  20. Fantasia
  21. Garfield: Caught in the Act
  22. High Seas Havoc
  23. Home Alone
  24. The Jungle Book
  25. Jungle Strike
  26. Jurassic Park
  27. Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition
  28. The Lion King
  29. The Lost Vikings
  30. Marko
  31. McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
  32. Mega Bomberman
  33. Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse
  34. Ms. Pac-Man
  35. NBA Jam
  36. The Pagemaster
  37. Pink Goes To Hollywood
  38. Pocahontas
  39. Puggsy
  40. Quackshot Starring Donald Duck
  41. Richard Scarry's Busytown
  42. Rocket Knight Adventures
  43. Sonic 3D Blast
  44. Sonic & Knuckles
  45. Sonic the Hedgehog
  46. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  47. Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  48. Sonic Spinball
  49. Sparkster
  50. Spot Goes to Hollywood
  51. Taz-Mania
  52. Taz in Escape from Mars
  53. Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure
  54. Toy Story
  55. Urban Strike
  56. Wacky Worlds Creativity Studio
  57. World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
So, what do you think? It took a while to track down a lot of these; that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment