Saturday, February 28, 2015

Short Month, Short Recap





Well, it's the end of yet another month. I'd say it's time for some serious thought -  a little time of reflection, of consideration...okay time's up. I don't know about you, but all I've been considering is just how cold the month of February has been. The other thing I've been considering is whether it's pronounced Feb-ru-ary or Feb-u-ary. Personally, I prefer Feb-u-ary. But anyway, even though the month has been cold, this contest has been anything but.

Okay, so it hasn't been as hot as I made it sound. If you were to ask me (which I am assuming you're doing by reading this blog) I thought this month was a bit slow in the going. Now, maybe it's because of the new format for this contest. After all, with the new points system, everyone is no doubt working on the big games for the big payoff. But there still was quite a bit of activity to report, so here we go.

The leaderboard shows yours truly up in first with a total of 124 points. For the whole month, I won 13 games to put up 46 points. Hey, I'm not just going to hand my title over on a silver tray. I'm gonna make everyone else work for it.

In 2nd place, Evili is holding his own with 49 points, though he only put up one win for 3 points. Still, I imagine that this contest is going to be a little more interesting, so to make it through a whole month with only one game and holding onto your current place is pretty darn impressive.

boyward sits in 3rd with no points at all for February. Have we seen the last of him, or is he planning something big? Time will tell, won't it. I'm betting he's got a few aces up his sleeve.

In a big comeback, Sargus managed to snag 4th from Nelson S. They finished February with 37 and 28 points respectfully with 3 and 2 wins also respectfully. I kind of missed a few updates on their monthly changes, so it's a bit off. Sorry guys, but I got a bit wrapped up myself.

And in 6th, 7th, and 8th, we find megabuster44, Luinnar, and Christian gamer with 20, 5, and one goose egg. Actually, I'd better make that four eggs, since none of them put up any points this month either. Well, take heart. There's a lot of year left, and I've seen places change pretty quickly.

So, that wraps up the recap for February. It's a bit early to make out a clear winner, although you can bet, I'll be fighting to stay on top. I've already made 25 wins this year, and I plan on making more. Of course, I'm not going to count this as in the bag until New Years.

So, what will happen in March, I wonder. Maybe next time, I'll have a game that I want to talk a little more about.

Keep playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment