Saturday, January 31, 2015

First Recap of the New Year (and Contest)





Well, this is a tad embarrassing. Seems I've neglected to update this month. Even more embarrassing is the fact that I thought I published my introductory post for January. I just have one thing to say to that...

Oops

Now that that's settled, time to catch up.

As you read in my last post, which now came immediately before this one, we have a new contest with a new format. Instead of wins, we're going by points, although wins are still important. With the first month of 2015 just about over, it's time to recap our current scores. At first I didn't intend to enter, but what the heck.

So, here's how things stand:

Right out of the gate, yours truly takes an early lead of 78 points. There's a few big games to thank for that and some of the bonus points as well. Even if we were doing it the same way as we did last year, I'd still have a small lead of 12 games. But the year is very young, and I have a hunch this will be closer than last year. Time will tell.

For those of you who remember our top three contenders last year, this time boyward may have some stiffer competition. In 2nd place, Evili, who makes his G2G challenge debut, holds on to 46 points with a total of 6 games.

Lest anyone think boyward is out of the running, he is on Evili's heels with 40 points and 7 games. I have a hunch both of them are going to be fierce competitors for any of our top three spots this year. I'm pretty excited about it myself.

20 points behind boyward, megabuster44 holds 4th place with 3 wins. He was our 3rd place finalist last year, and we're all wondering if he'll hold that this year or perhaps reach the top 2.  Nelson S. stands in 5th with 17 points, Sargus, one of our top players last year, finds himself at 6th with 10 points, Luinnar is just on the board at 7th with 5 points, and last but not least, we find ChristianGamer in 8th place with no points.

It's too early to really tell anything. Yes, I have the lead, but as I've seen over the course of January, leads come and go quickly in this contest. We've had some rapid ups and downs this month, and it's very possible that someone else with take 1st place this year. Of course, I don't intend to give my spot away either. Still, I won't announce anything, especially any predictions of victor until I'm sure of it...which will probably be on New Year's Eve.

We've seen a lot of interesting turns and wins for the start of the year. I can't wait to see what happens over the next 11 months. And to all the competitors, myself include, I say good luck.

Keep playing, gamers. Keep playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment