Saturday, November 15, 2014

Halfway Through November





My, my where does time go? I wish I knew, especially when it came to this little contest. Of course, knowing where all my time goes in real life might help to. I'd sure like to drag some of that time back a ways. But what can you do?

Anyway, that's enough musing, unless I happen to play a game that revolves around time travel...let's see, Chrono Trigger, Prince of Persia, the 2nd Mario & Luigi game, wait didn't I do that one already? Now, let's get down to business. Or would this contest be more pleasure?

Hard to believe we're halfway through November already. So, let's see how everyone did for the first part of the month.

If you've been keeping up with the leaderboard, most of this shouldn't be news to you. If you haven't been, well here's a news flash for you. Believe it or not (I know I sure have a heck of a time believing it) yours truly is still in 1st. 3 weeks out, and my lead still stands. boyward still holds tightly to 2nd, and megabuster hangs on to 3rd. Unless someone pulls some major game time, I'm thinking these will be our three finalists for December.

The rest of the rankings haven't changed. Sargus still holds 4th, Nelson S. holds 5th, smash stays in 6th, Luinnar lingers at 7th, and ChristianGamer and charlieturtle are tied at 8th. But don't despair for them. They could still overtake a leader at any moment. There's one thing I've learned - people can really surprise you.

Now, let's take a look at how many games our competitors have added so far. For the first part of November, I surprised even myself, but then again, I'm easily surprised by myself. From only 4 wins in October, I posted 9 wins, although the first 3 were beaten on the same day. I also completed a very long road with Fire Emblem, and wrecked my sleeping patterns with a certain wrestling game. Hey, whoever said this contest would be easy? I also introduced myself to a game I hadn't played yet, even after I got it, Mario & Sonic at the 2012 Olympics. Will these be the lone 9 for this month? I hope not. Now might be a good time to say I hope to break triple digits in this contest.

What I've found even more impressive is boyward. He's added 6 wins so far, but it's the pace that truly impresses me. It seems like for every game I add, he's ready with one of his own. Now, that could really add up fast. Sargus had added 3 wins. And Luinnar added only 1, but he had the honor of striking the first blow this month, so to speak.

Will we see more from our other competitors?  I sure hope so. It's getting a little monotonous just adding mine and boyward's. Just kidding, but still, I do hope to see someone else get their name on the list this month.

And that wraps up the recap. Hopefully, you'll see some more posts soon, and some more games. I'm closing in on Bravely Default and Batman: Arkham City.

Keep playing, gamers.

No comments:

Post a Comment