Monday, September 15, 2014

So, It's The Middle of the Month





So, here we are with the month of September halfway over. I wish I'd gotten at this blog sooner. Maybe I could have captured the experience better. But it's a little tricky to do that now, unless Guide 2 Games decides to do another contest.

If you've checked out the contest page, you'll see it's getting pretty tense. It's getting even more tense for me reading each entry because they keep coming and coming and coming. We're clearly coming down the home stretch, even if the end is still about two-and-a-half months away. I know one thing, I sure wasn't expecting the kind of competition I've seen. I especially didn't think I'd be a front-runner in this contest either.

When this contest began, I'd only beaten one game this year, and everyone else had quite a few wins already to their usernames. We officially kicked off in March, but wins from January and February were counted, and I was pretty much dead last, at least I thought so.  Needless to say, I didn't see myself anywhere near 1st place, let alone keeping that lead. I can honestly say I took myself by surprise.

So far, the competition has been tough. I've seen competitors like Sargus, megabuster, and now boyward add wins like crazy. Back in June for instance, the gap between me and megabuster was slim. Right at the end, I was sure Sargus had me. He was two wins from tying me for 1st. I know it's all in fun, but I admit, I was scrambling to find the next game to win.

That was in June, and now in September, I find boyward really moving. He's gone on to stick to 2nd like he was glued to it, and he keeps on going. I've got to admire that. Some months ago, I really thought he was bound to stay out of the top three. Now, he's become a real top contender. And all I can say to all the wins he's racked up so far is wow. Well, what else is there to say?

Right now, I'm just trying to stay in the game, but it might help if I picked shorter games. Let's see, right now, I'm working on Kingdom Hearts and Bravely Default. Those are both long games, so I've heard and right now I've no reason to doubt it. I've added quite a few games to my list, but I'd really like to add those two. Well, there are others. Shadow of the Colossus, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, and some Harvest Moon games come to mind right off the bat. Here's hoping some of those find their way onto my list for this year. But I won't cry if they don't.

I'm not much for placing bets, but if I were betting, I think we'll see Sargus and boyward battling it out for 1st and 2nd. Oh, I plan to put up a real fight, but I'm pretty sure those two will be going at it right at the end. If they do, I think I might need to look for work as a bookie. I don't doubt my own ability to rack up wins, but let's face it, it's quantity over quality. But who knows. There's still quite a bit of time left before we see the winner. Maybe I'll surprise a lot of the competitors, including myself.

So, let's see what the home stretch of this contest looks like. Until next time, gamers.

No comments:

Post a Comment